Things that have become clearer from the Weinstein affair:
(1) in their ideal world, Hollywood is a model of what the left would like this country to be; a world in which the rich, elites have control over and manipulate every aspect of our lives.
(2) socialism/communism is a natural consequence of their belief in (1); one only needs to look at the Venezuelan model to see what happens if they succeed and to a certain degree, folks like Weinstein have successfully implemented the Venezuelan model within the Hollywood sphere.
(3) it is possible that the many leftists in Hollywood are guilt-ridden and try to compensate for their “success” because they know that the industry is basically a racket with the highest possible barriers to entry. In a way, these people deserve to be pitied for selling their body and soul for essentially, fame and all its perks.
(4) there is nothing in that place that is based on a meritocracy unless the merit was to have slept with someone in power. If women with family in the business and presumably with access, like Paltrow, Jolie and Sorvino had to face these kinds of abuses one can only imagine what a truly talented nobody from Kansas has to deal with.
(5) it is hard to imagine how anyone who holds truly conservative values (a) can find work in that place and (b) even wants to be there.
(6) the reflexive hatred of all things conservative or even RINO-ish by the Hollywood/showbiz crowd is most likely due to the belief that they will be judged unfavorably by anyone who does not share their predilections, natural or unnatural. A conservative in Hollywood must be what they portray garlic or a crucifix is to Dracula. That place is, to an extreme degree, a very very exclusive club, a cult, to which street cred is gained by attacking anyone who disagrees with their world view.
(7) the outrage last fall to candidate Trump’s “locker room” talk wasn’t because he expressed it but because some of the women (Judd) who made the loudest objections to it identified with what he said.
(8) the porn industry, in some ways, is more honest as everyone knows what price will be paid to whom and for what purposes.
(9) Hillary, Obama and others in the Democrat party claiming to be “shocked” by these disclosures are as laughable as the suggestion that Hillary’s missing emails were about yoga (seriously, does anyone believe this woman does yoga?). Frankly, I’d not be surprised if they’ve blackmailed many in Hollywood to do their bundling.
(10) finally, unfortunately, the political class in this country share some of the exact same attributes noted above and both groups feel that they are superior (elites, therefore) and know what’s best for the rest of us.
If it’s true that investigations of Mr. Weinstein have started, the investigating bodies ought to offer him some sort of plea deal in exchange for his exposure of other crimes that he may know and have evidence of – just like they might with a mobster.