good lord, seemed like forever
but i can’t keep complaining
can i? no good, no good…
hope all’s well
i’ll be back!
good lord, seemed like forever
good lord, seemed like forever
but i can’t keep complaining
can i? no good, no good…
hope all’s well
i’ll be back!
This was originally posted on 1/30/2014 but a re-post was thought necessary on the eve of “Executive Amnesty.” Let’s see, on the one hand we have elected Democrats and indirectly, Gruber’s “stupid people” who support them, egging on the President to “go big” with his theft of power and disregard for his constitutional duties and the constitution itself and on the other hand, we have the rest of the American people who recently voted to stop all of this and yet, the RINOS are wavering. But, let’s see how this plays out.
Again, on the amnesty issue. The previous post (see here: https://mononymous1.wordpress.com/2014/05/28/the-broken-windows-theory-now-applies-to-government/) commented on how the Democrats wield power. The President is playing a dictator with absolutely no regard for the constitution and the case has clearly been made about their use or abuse of power. In this regard and in particularly with respect to amnesty; the dimwitted Republicans need to take a page out of Nancy Pelosi’s playbook. Their simplest approach to amnesty and indeed, on any other issue, should be WWNPD if the situation were reversed – meaning, what would the Democrats do if they were opposed to amnesty with a Republican Senate and President? Do they think, for instance, that NP as Speaker, would be entertaining any of these considerations right now? The answer: hell no.
They might have, for example, passed a border security bill first and send it over to the Senate where it’d probably die. They would then go into the election saying, “Hey, we started the process but the President and his party refused to take action on the first step. Don’t blame us!” They could then go on to explain why border security is an extremely important first step and try to rally the country in getting something done about it. Perhaps they’d even go on to warn that, unlike the Obamacare monstrosity that has spawned so many unintended consequences, a “comprehensive reform” bill of 2000 or more pages is absolutely not the way to go. They could then point out that the President has seen fit to act unilaterally on enforcement of laws, has been busy using regulations to circumvent them, that these things are not acceptable and that this is yet another basis for refusing to act on a total reform package because, simply put, he cannot be trusted.
But no. In their typical spineless fashion, the Republicans are willing to cave to whatever unseen forces guide them because it certainly isn’t the will of their constituents. It is still quite interesting as to what these unseen forces are. Where are the “conservative” members of the House and why wouldn’t they come out and expose what is going on here? Anybody, somebody, grow a pair or borrow Nancy Pelosi’s!
for “lots of bad stuff” in legislation; what is “Omnibus” if not damn near the same? Therefore, can the American people count on you to show some leadership and oppose the current omnibus spending bill that will continue to fund “lots of bad stuff” including Obamacare and whatever “amnesty” is pending? Sir, just demand that we follow the usual but now forgotten process of passing separate appropriations bills and let the Senate fail to act or let the president veto them. It is clear that the public will support the House’s actions if the reasons are made clear.
Reference interview/video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqO1VdrS7kc
Prof. Gruber’s admission that passage of Obamacare depended on the “stupidity” of the American public should come as no surprise to anyone; the man should be applauded for his candor.
Examining the answers to the following questions would suggest that he was and is absolutely right. It is the dependency on the existence of these people that has kept the Democrat party in power; it is their base, it is to whom they appeal and the rest of us, while living in this country, simply pay the price for their voting habits .
(1) how did “hope and change” work
(2) how did President Obama, after promising to “transform” and “redistribute,” win in 2008
(3) in spite of his government’s record, how did he win a second term in 2012
(4) why did the “war on women” work; how did “binders full of women” get to be more important than Benghazi in 2012
(5) what else would explain the herd mentality of entire groups of people (journalists, minorities, etc.) that drives them to vote for Democrat candidates, repeatedly and with the same outcomes
(6) related to item 5, what else but the belief that there exists mass stupidity among her largely black audience would drive Michelle Obama to tell them in the lead up to the last election, “And that’s my message to voters, this isn’t about Barack, it’s not about person on that ballot– its about you. And for most of the people we are talking to, a Democratic ticket is the clear ticket that we should be voting on, regardless of who said what or did this– that shouldn’t even come into the equation.” In other words, blindly do what I say.
(7) what else would explain the rise to Speakership of Nancy Pelosi
(8) how did Michael Moore and those of his ilk become rich?
(9) what possible reason is there for the existence of TMZ, Access Hollywood, Entertainment Tonight and assorted gossip magazines, e.g., “People,” etc.
(10) related to item (9) what else drives the obsession with celebrities, including sports figures and yes, in general, sports. Relatedly, why do grown men wear “Jeter” or “Manning” or whomever else apparel?
(11) what audience is there for the mindless and utter crap that is broadcasted on daytime television
(12) why do advertisements for products with the words “actor portrayal” clearly indicated work
(13) what else drives young women in NYC to wear jeans/pants of a particular shade of blue or for that matter, what makes any person a fashion, trend or any kind of follower
(14) days before the 2014 elections, why did a video of a woman being “catcalled” become viral and receive coverage over a broad spectrum of the media
(15) what else would enable the rackets of Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton
(16) why is it that the greatest country in the world cannot have elections without fraud, glitches and voter IDs when we demand the same across the globe with Jimmy Carter as observer
(17) why is Hillary Clinton qualified to be POTUS? That’s right, we have lowered the bar and the “glass ceiling” with it but the fact that she will now be touted as the most “experienced” candidate – probably in the history of the republic, no less – by the very same people who gave us a president with absolutely no experience at running anything, is yet another sign of the level of stupidity Democrats can count on.
(18) why else would people cede their power for decades to the government and the media
(19) what has enabled the states to cede their power to the federal government
(20) why does the global warming/climate change hoax continue to perpetuate? How many Prof. Gruber’s are involved?
(21) why is President Obama able to distance himself from all the scandals that have plagued his administration.
(22) on what foundation was the Occupy Wall Street operation built
(23) Why do anti-war protesters become latent during Democrat presidencies
(24) Why are there people who still believe that the federal government can do anything efficiently or effectively except through coercion?
This list can go on but we have a general sense of what’s going on here. The final question, however, is this:
(25) why does it seem that folks are more outraged about Prof. Gruber’s confessions than they were about “If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor,” “If you like your plan, you can keep your plan” and all the other failed promises of the abominable law? In the light of the professor’s revelations, the most relevant question to ask is, “what did the President know and when did he know it?” The evidence suggests that the President was fully aware and an active participant in the fraud being perpetrated on the American people; this is where the real outrage should be directed. But, what is anyone going to do about it?
Which is a good segue to Executive Amnesty or President Obama’s ultimate “FU” and revenge against the American people and particularly, those who dared to vote against his policies and party recently. It is not clear that defunding the operational aspect of it will work because USCIS could simply pass on the cost to mint new documents to the amnesty beneficiaries – which is what they normally do, anyway. The Courts might have a say about the legality of the EO but perhaps a more effective way to deal with the matter is for the Republican party’s leaders and those looking at running for nomination to be president to step forward right after the EO is issued and say some or all of the following: (1) with a potential Republican president the EO will be voided on Jan 20th, 2017 (2) those who benefit from the amnesty will NEVER be put on a path to citizenship – per existing law and (3) by registering for the amnesty’s benefits, you are telling the government who you are, where you live, etc., and this may make deportation later easier. The impact of these comments may depress interest in the offered “amnesty” which should make it easier to undo later on.
(in the US to deflect attention from their across the board failures as we head into the final stretch of an election?)
We have troops heading to ground zero in the current Ebola outbreak (and if anyone is infected – it is a guaranteed headline over several news cycles), we have an infected nurse here at home and a near-constant stream of news about folks here, there and everywhere being tested for the disease. We have children dead from enterovirus and in all of this, our government has shown no desire to shut down our borders and the entry of people from affected countries. When the statements of the CDC’s Dr. Frieden and NIH’s Dr. Fauci are examined vis-a-vis isolation, most sane people will conclude that they contain nothing but doublespeak.
But aside from the fact that every other news item has been swept off the radar, (think various scandals but importantly, Leon Panetta’s book revelations) the Democrats get to act all holier-than-thou by running an ad that actually charges the hapless Republicans of cutting NIH/CDC funding. If these people were genuinely concerned about the welfare of the people of this country, would they have politicized this serious matter with an ad that is an outright lie?
I think not but these are Democrats we are talking about here; idiotic, insane, irrational pied-pipers appealing to the emotions and fears of their followers.
Is it not entirely plausible then, that this is an October surprise and for which they are glad?
Two weeks after proclaiming that it was “unlikely” for Ebola to arrive in the US, President Obama was proven wrong. No doubt, prior to his statement at the CDC, the President was briefed by “experts” who had arrived at the “unlikely” “consensus” – see how well “consensus” works in science? One would think that the “unlikely” arrival of the virus would have been sufficient to trigger alarm bells for people whose business should be to protect Americans. Banning all but military and medical aid flights to and from the affected countries would have been the responsible thing to do. But no. Some where on the globe, John F’ing Kerry, for example, is likely insisting that our greatest threat is not ISIS/ISIL or terrorism, in general, not the spread of a highly contagious virus but the more nebulous and misunderstood phenomenon known as “climate change.”
Climate change, they say, will wipe us all out in what, 10, 15, 20 years? I have lost track; but their primary solution is a tax. When faced with the very real threat, right now, of an epidemic of biblical proportions, what is the response? It is not to prevent it to the degree possible, it is simply to manage it; apparently the same plan that was conceived for dealing with ISIS. Perhaps a plan to implement an “Ebola tax” is in the works.
So, let’s take a page out of the climate “diaper” changers playbook and examine the scenario of what would happen if (and I say “if” and not “when” hoping that it never happens) the disease arrives in a large city, typically a nest of Democrat voters. Take New York, for example, it would likely enter with a host via JFK International, incubate in one of the boroughs (probably Brooklyn, Queens or the Bronx) and from there spread in rapid geometric progression via packed subways, buses, apartment and office buildings, schools, etc. The resulting chaos would be anything but manageable; overflowing hospitals staffed by only the most courageous, people with the infection mixed in with those who “think” they have it in waiting rooms and maybe FEMA officials in Hazmat suits leading others to some camp or oven some where. In this scenario, the people MOST likely to be immediately affected would be the poor and minorities – the typical Democrat party base and the charges of racism will once again be made by the very same people who right now preach that it’d be racist to ban flights from the affected countries. Incidentally, one has to wonder why airlines flying passengers from these countries – even indirectly, would expose their crew members (and the people who clean their planes) to possible contact with the Ebola virus; why have they, on their own, not stop these flights?
The very people then that Democrat party politicians claim to “help” and “fight” for would be, fatally so, at the mercy of the failure of their policies – the rest of us would be collaterally damaged, as always. The arrogance that pervades the political class of this country knows no bounds. Does anyone actually believe that the CDC and fedgov will contain the spread of Ebola if the scenario described above plays out? How did HIV, which is less contagious, spread? By its nature, governments are reactive and govern as Leon Panetta admits, “by crisis.” If nothing else, the potential crisis would prove, once and for all, that it is an utter and complete lie that the government is capable of managing anything. Let’s hope that it doesn’t take a catastrophe to make this happen.
(1) The Obamas need a vacation from their vacation
(2) Harry Reid finally admitted to doing something wong
(3) Nancy Pelosi went in for another facelift but needed a Brazilian first
(4) People long for the days when Ferguson was the last name of some Duchess
(5) The Pope is calling for another Crusade
(6) The “hypocrite who’s full of sh*!” Warren Buffoon was outed as a capitalist
(7) Lois Lerner’s “lost” emails were found filed on IRS servers under the letters “F.U. C.O.N.SE.R.V.A.T.I.V.ES”
(8) The weasels of the Republican Party confessed to standing for nothing
(9) Just like a prostitute, David Gregory was paid to leave MTP
(10) Al Gore couldn’t take the ice bucket challenge because, he insists, there is no ice at the poles
(11) Hillary Clinton didn’t take the ice bucket challenge because, Bill says, she’s already frigid
(12) Because of the drought in California, Governor Moonbeam invited all illegal aliens to the state to contribute to the urine reservoir
(13) The Castro brothers are planning to invade Florida
(14) The French might actually start a fight against socialism
(15) Jay Nixon, Governor of Missouri, wasted no time to declare, “if it took six bullets, then a racist cop did it”
(16) Low-information voters (Lofos) believe that ISIS and ISIL are the latest must-have and overpriced Apple products
(17) President Obama now believes ISIS/ISIL are the JV – jihadists’ values – team
(18) The NY Times refused to endorse an incumbent Democrat Governor
(19) Everyone now knows that, to jihadists, the renaissance was quite literally something that happened to other people
(20) Mitt Romney, helping to pimp Rep. Paul Ryan’s book, wears a t-shirt proclaiming, “I’m With Stupid” whenever they appear together