Prof. Gruber’s admission that passage of Obamacare depended on the “stupidity” of the American public should come as no surprise to anyone; the man should be applauded for his candor.
Examining the answers to the following questions would suggest that he was and is absolutely right. It is the dependency on the existence of these people that has kept the Democrat party in power; it is their base, it is to whom they appeal and the rest of us, while living in this country, simply pay the price for their voting habits .
(1) how did “hope and change” work
(2) how did President Obama, after promising to “transform” and “redistribute,” win in 2008
(3) in spite of his government’s record, how did he win a second term in 2012
(4) why did the “war on women” work; how did “binders full of women” get to be more important than Benghazi in 2012
(5) what else would explain the herd mentality of entire groups of people (journalists, minorities, etc.) that drives them to vote for Democrat candidates, repeatedly and with the same outcomes
(6) related to item 5, what else but the belief that there exists mass stupidity among her largely black audience would drive Michelle Obama to tell them in the lead up to the last election, “And that’s my message to voters, this isn’t about Barack, it’s not about person on that ballot– its about you. And for most of the people we are talking to, a Democratic ticket is the clear ticket that we should be voting on, regardless of who said what or did this– that shouldn’t even come into the equation.” In other words, blindly do what I say.
(7) what else would explain the rise to Speakership of Nancy Pelosi
(8) how did Michael Moore and those of his ilk become rich?
(9) what possible reason is there for the existence of TMZ, Access Hollywood, Entertainment Tonight and assorted gossip magazines, e.g., “People,” etc.
(10) related to item (9) what else drives the obsession with celebrities, including sports figures and yes, in general, sports. Relatedly, why do grown men wear “Jeter” or “Manning” or whomever else apparel?
(11) what audience is there for the mindless and utter crap that is broadcasted on daytime television
(12) why do advertisements for products with the words “actor portrayal” clearly indicated work
(13) what else drives young women in NYC to wear jeans/pants of a particular shade of blue or for that matter, what makes any person a fashion, trend or any kind of follower
(14) days before the 2014 elections, why did a video of a woman being “catcalled” become viral and receive coverage over a broad spectrum of the media
(15) what else would enable the rackets of Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton
(16) why is it that the greatest country in the world cannot have elections without fraud, glitches and voter IDs when we demand the same across the globe with Jimmy Carter as observer
(17) why is Hillary Clinton qualified to be POTUS? That’s right, we have lowered the bar and the “glass ceiling” with it but the fact that she will now be touted as the most “experienced” candidate – probably in the history of the republic, no less – by the very same people who gave us a president with absolutely no experience at running anything, is yet another sign of the level of stupidity Democrats can count on.
(18) why else would people cede their power for decades to the government and the media
(19) what has enabled the states to cede their power to the federal government
(20) why does the global warming/climate change hoax continue to perpetuate? How many Prof. Gruber’s are involved?
(21) why is President Obama able to distance himself from all the scandals that have plagued his administration.
(22) on what foundation was the Occupy Wall Street operation built
(23) Why do anti-war protesters become latent during Democrat presidencies
(24) Why are there people who still believe that the federal government can do anything efficiently or effectively except through coercion?
This list can go on but we have a general sense of what’s going on here. The final question, however, is this:
(25) why does it seem that folks are more outraged about Prof. Gruber’s confessions than they were about “If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor,” “If you like your plan, you can keep your plan” and all the other failed promises of the abominable law? In the light of the professor’s revelations, the most relevant question to ask is, “what did the President know and when did he know it?” The evidence suggests that the President was fully aware and an active participant in the fraud being perpetrated on the American people; this is where the real outrage should be directed. But, what is anyone going to do about it?
Which is a good segue to Executive Amnesty or President Obama’s ultimate “FU” and revenge against the American people and particularly, those who dared to vote against his policies and party recently. It is not clear that defunding the operational aspect of it will work because USCIS could simply pass on the cost to mint new documents to the amnesty beneficiaries – which is what they normally do, anyway. The Courts might have a say about the legality of the EO but perhaps a more effective way to deal with the matter is for the Republican party’s leaders and those looking at running for nomination to be president to step forward right after the EO is issued and say some or all of the following: (1) with a potential Republican president the EO will be voided on Jan 20th, 2017 (2) those who benefit from the amnesty will NEVER be put on a path to citizenship – per existing law and (3) by registering for the amnesty’s benefits, you are telling the government who you are, where you live, etc., and this may make deportation later easier. The impact of these comments may depress interest in the offered “amnesty” which should make it easier to undo later on.